NIAMS Accelerating Research Translation (ART) in Musculoskeletal and Skin Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Competitive Revision Award (P01 and P50)
The summary for the NIAMS Accelerating Research Translation (ART) in Musculoskeletal and Skin Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Competitive Revision Award (P01 and P50) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIAMS Accelerating Research Translation (ART) in Musculoskeletal and Skin Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Competitive Revision Award (P01 and P50): Purpose. The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) solicits Accelerating Research Translation (ART) applications in musculoskeletal and skin tissue engineering and regenerative medicine (TE/RM). The ART awards intend to offer revision support (formerly referred to as a competing supplement) to active NIAMS R01, P01 and P50 (parent) grants for conducting large animal pre-clinical studies with the potential to immediately lead to human trials in musculoskeletal and skin TE/RM. These studies will 1) provide data required for Phase I/II human clinical trials in musculoskeletal and skin TE/RM, 2) demonstrate efficacy of a TE/RM therapy in musculoskeletal and skin TE/RM, or 3) develop pre-clinical large animal models that will have the potential to immediately lead TE/RM research into Phase I/II clinical trials. Early stage translational studies using small animals such as rodent and rabbit are not responsive to this FOA. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH revision to P01 and P50 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with a FOA (RFA-AR-11-004) of identical scientific scope that solicits applications under the NIAMS R01 mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NIAMS plans to commit $1M in total cost in FY 2011 to make 1 to 3 ART awards for both RFA-AR-11-004 and RFA-AR-11-005. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIAMS Accelerating Research Translation (ART) in Musculoskeletal and Skin Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Competitive Revision Award (P01 and P50)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AR-11-005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 04, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 04, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Feb 26, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Feb 26, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Sep 04, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER [email protected]
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Small Business Innovation Research on Rare Musculoskeletal, Rheumatic and Skin Diseases (S...
- • Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Limited Competition: Small Grant Program for NIAMS K08 and K23 Recipients (R03)
- • Supplements to Advance Research (STAR) from Projects to Programs (Admin Supp)- Clinical Tr...
- • Collaborative Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Science Award (Camssa)
- • Niams Small Grant Program for New Investigators
- • Skin Diseases Research Core Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...