NIDA Research "Center of Excellence" Grant Program (P50)
The summary for the NIDA Research "Center of Excellence" Grant Program (P50) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIDA Research "Center of Excellence" Grant Program (P50): Purpose. This FOA is to provide support for research Centers that conduct drug abuse and addiction research in any area of NIDAs mission, that have outstanding innovative science, that are multidisciplinary, thematically integrated, synergistic, and that serve as national resource(s) to provide educational and outreach activities to drug abuse research communities, educational organizations, the general public, and policy makers in the NIDA research fields. It is expected that a Center will transform knowledge in the sciences it is studying. Incremental work should not be the focus of Center activities; rather, new and creative directions are required. The P50 Center of Excellence is expected to support the education, training, and mentoring of new investigators who would be given meaningful roles to play in the Center projects. NIDA Centers are expected to share their findings, their data and their resources, and to serve as national research resources in the drug abuse research field. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Research Center of Excellence Grant (P50) mechanism. There should be evidence that the presence of a Center structure is essential for the accomplishment of the research activities. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIDA Research "Center of Excellence" Grant Program (P50)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-189|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2013|
|Posted Date:||May 06, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 06, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nicotinic Immune Modulation in the Presence of HIV-1 Infection (R01)
- • Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Advanced Molecular Detection in Support of Systems for Prevention,...
- • Drug Abuse Dissertation Research (R36)
- • Encouraging Appropriate Care Using Behavioral Economics through Electronic Health Records ...
- • Strategic Alliances for Medications Development to Treat Substance Use Disorders (R01)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Institutional Training Programs to Advance Translational Research on Alzheimers Disease an...
- • Limited Competition: Data Coordinating Center for Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet (UC4)
- • Pilot Clinical Trials Targeting HIV-1 Reservoirs in Children (U01)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Exploratory Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - eTargetedBCP (R21)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - TargetedBCP (R01)