NIDCD Research Core Centers (P30)
The summary for the NIDCD Research Core Centers (P30) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIDCD Research Core Centers (P30): Purpose. The NIDCD P30 Core Center grant contains one or more research-serving cores, providing centralized resources and facilities for funded R01 research projects. Although no funds are provided for direct support of research projects, a P30 helps to integrate and promote research in existing funded projects, and may include multi-disciplinary and regional collaborations. A Core Center must be an identifiable organizational unit either within a single grantee institution or representing a consortium of cooperating institutions (e.g., geographic or web-based). The Center may serve as an intellectual hub to stimulate cooperative research, to increase the effectiveness, capabilities or productivity of current research, and/or to promote new research directions through collaborations. Individual research cores of the Core Center may provide for sharing technical expertise or centralizing labor-intensive tasks common among several investigators (PD/PIs); staffing, training and maintenance of shared equipment or resources, including tools or staffing to enhance activities such as recruitment databases for clinical projects; or problem-solving through innovative technical solutions using the most current methodologies. NIDCD P30 funds do not provide patient services, or support unfunded pilot studies, or facilitate research other than for funded user projects, unless directly related to advancing the potential of the Core Center itself. A P30 may provide benefits to other core centers or the larger community through sharing data or technology. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the P30 grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the number, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIDCD Research Core Centers (P30)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-077|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 01, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 01, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jan 06, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jan 06, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Nov 01, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Research on biopsychosocial factors of social connectedness and isolation on health, wellb...
- • Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries (R21/R33 - Clini...
- • SBIR/STTR Commercialization Readiness Pilot (CRP) Program Technical Assistance and Late St...
- • BRAIN Initiative: Non-Invasive Neuromodulation - New Tools and Techniques for Spatiotempor...
- • BRAIN Initiative: Development of Next Generation Human Brain Imaging Tools and Technologie...
- • NIDCD Patient-Oriented Research Grant (R21)
- • Cell Lineage and Developmental Studies in Hearing and Balance
- • Structural Analyses of the Ligand-Binding Properties of Taste and Smell Receptors
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...