NIDCR Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist Fellowship
The summary for the NIDCR Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist Fellowship grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIDCR Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist Fellowship: - The National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR) seeks new Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) applications for an Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist Fellowship (PDSF). The purpose of the PDSF is to offer an integrated dental and graduate research training program that leads to attainment of both the D.D.S./D.M.D. and Ph.D. (or equivalent) degrees. - NIDCR intends to award up to four new fellowships per year. - Awards made under this program announcement will use the F30 Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist Fellowship mechanism to provide combined dental school and predoctoral PhD support. - By the time of award, individuals must be citizens or non-citizen nationals of the United States, or must have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence (i.e., possess a currently valid Alien Registration Receipt Card I-551, or other legal verification of such status). - The applicant must have a baccalaureate degree and show evidence of both high academic performance in the sciences and substantial interest in research in areas of high priority to the NIDCR. The applicant must be enrolled in a DDS/DMD program at an accredited dental school, be accepted in a related scientific PhD (or an equivalent degree) program, and be supervised by a mentor who is active and established in that scientific discipline when the application is submitted. - The typical applicant will apply during the first year of dental school for funding to begin in the second year. Trainees must begin their PDSF not later than the third year of dental school. Individuals currently enrolled in a joint DDS/DMD-PhD program are eligible for consideration as trainees. Dental students who obtained a PhD prior to entering dental school and desire to pursue another research doctorate are not eligible. - The institutional setting must be domestic, and may be private (profit or nonprofit) or public. - Each applicant may submit only one application. - The Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Individual Fellowship Application Form PHS 416-1 is available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/416/phs416.htm in an interactive format. - Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
|Federal Grant Title:||NIDCR Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist Fellowship|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-05-034|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Dec 28, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Jan 25, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Feb 03, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$40,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Small businesses Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • NIH Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory - Demonstration Projects for Pragmatic Clin...
- • Implementation Science Research to Improve Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Health (U01)
- • In-Depth Phenotyping and Research Using IMPC-Generated Knockout Mouse Strains Exhibiting E...
- • Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Research Advancement Award (SC1)
- • "High" or "Medium" Priority AIDS Research on Non-AIDS-defining or AIDS-defining Cancers (R...
- • Epidemiological and Behavioral Research in Oral Health
- • Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome
- • Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • BRAIN Initiative: Exploratory Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - eTargetedBCP (R21)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - TargetedBCP (R01)
- • Tools for Clinical Care and Management of Alzheimers Disease (AD) and its Comorbidities (R...
- • Tools for Clinical Care and Management of Alzheimers Disease (AD) and Its Comorbidities (R...
- • Advancing Research on Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and Alzheimer's-Disease-Related Dementias (...