National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25)
The summary for the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25): -This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) represents the continuation of the Cancer Education and Career Development Program (CECDP) established by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). The purpose of the CECDP is to support the development and implementation of institutional curriculum-dependent predoctoral/postdoctoral programs with specific core didactic and research requirements to train a cadre of scientists in interdisciplinary and collaborative cancer research settings. Examples of interdisciplinary/collaborative areas of cancer research that are particularly applicable to intent of the CECDP are cancer prevention and control, behavioral and population sciences, nutrition, imaging, and molecular diagnosis. This FOA makes an NCI-specific use of the NIH Education R25 grant mechanism. -Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. -Each Program involves a Program Leader (i.e., principal investigator or PI), faculty, and a permanent multidisciplinary Advisory Committee representing all the disciplines and institutions involved in the Program. The PI may receive salary support for leadership, management, coordination and evaluation of the Program. Research and salary support may also be provided to faculty critical to the design, development, implementation and refinement of the specialized curriculum essential to the training and didactic needs of the Program.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-06-511|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Oct 02, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Small businesses Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. The CECDP should not be used to achieve research education and career development objectives that can be achieved using more traditional training mechanisms, such as the Ruth L. Kirchstein NRSA Institutional Training Grant (T32) mechanism The CECDP cannot significantly overlap, in total or in part, with any other institutional training or research career development programs (e.g., T32, R25, K12) available at the institution(s) and receiving Federal support. . The CECDP needs to include the development of a specialized curriculum not otherwise available at the participating institution(s) that is linked in an essential manner to the research education and career development goals of the CECDP. See announcement for full details.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K22)
- • National Cancer Institute Youth Enjoy Science Research Education Program (R25)
- • International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01)
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)