OJJDP FY 11 Research on Best Practices for Mentoring
The summary for the OJJDP FY 11 Research on Best Practices for Mentoring grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office of Justice Programs, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OJJDP FY 11 Research on Best Practices for Mentoring: This program seeks to enhance what is understood about mentoring as a prevention strategy for youth who are at risk of involvement or already involved in the juvenile justice system. While mentoring appears to be a promising intervention for youth, more evaluation work is needed to further highlight the components of a mentoring program that are most effective. In addition, research is needed to demonstrate specifically the components of mentoring programs that have a significant impact in reducing juvenile delinquency and offending. This solicitation seeks to fund research studies that will inform the design and delivery of mentoring programs. OJJDP expects that the results of this effort will encourage a more effective utilization of resources as well as enhance the implementation of evidence-based best practices for juvenile mentoring. This program will be authorized by an act appropriating funds for the Department of Justice.
|Federal Grant Title:||OJJDP FY 11 Research on Best Practices for Mentoring|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office of Justice Programs|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OJJDP-2011-2898|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Juvenile Mentoring Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 08, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 08, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jan 07, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jan 18, 2011|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applicants are limited to states (including territories), units of local government (including federally-recognized tribal governments, as determined by the Secretary of the Interior), nonprofit and for-profit organizations (including tribal nonprofit and for-profit organizations), and institutions of higher education (including tribal institutions of higher education). (See "Eligibility," page 3.)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Michael Shader, Juvenile Justice Specialist, at 202-616-2605
- Similar Government Grants
- • OJJDP FY 2014 Mentoring for Child Victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation and Domestic S...
- • OJJDP FY 2014 National Mentoring Programs
- • OJJDP FY 2014 Multi-State Mentoring Initiative
- • OJJDP FY 14 Practitioner-Researcher Partnership Mentoring Childrenof Incarcerated Parents ...
- • OJJDP FY 2014 High-Risk Youth Mentoring Research
- • FY 2006 Training and Technical Assistance Program for Mentoring Initiative for System Invo...
- • FY 2006 Mentoring for System Involved Youth
- • FY 2006 Evaluation of Mentoring Initiative for System Involved Youth
- More Grants from the Office of Justice Programs
- • National Center for Building Community Trust and Justice: Improving the Justice System by ...
- • FY 2014 U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • OJJDP FY 16 Practitioner-Researcher Partnership in Cognitive Behavioral Mentoring Program
- • OJJDP FY 16 Juvenile Drug Courts Training and Technical Assistance Program