Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): School Leadership Program CFDA Number 84.363A
The summary for the Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): School Leadership Program CFDA Number 84.363A grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): School Leadership Program CFDA Number 84.363A: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information.Purpose of Program: The School Leadership Program (SLP) assists high-need local educational agencies (LEAs) in recruiting, training, and supporting principals (including assistant principals) by providing-- Financial incentives to aspiring new principals (teachers or individuals from other fields who want to become principals); Stipends to principals who mentor new principals; Professional development programs that focus on instructional leadership and management; and Other incentives that are appropriate and effective in retaining new principals.Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.363A.Applications for grants under the School Leadership Program, CFDA number 84.363A, must be submitted electronically using the Governmentwide Grants.gov Apply site at www.Grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not email an electronic copy of a grant application to us.You may access the electronic grant application for the School Leadership Program at www.Grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search (e.g., search for 84.363, not 84.363A). On May 8, 2013, we published in the Federal Register (78 FR 26758) a notice inviting applications for new awards under the School Leadership Program. This notice corrects a typographical error in the applicant eligibility information for partnership applicants. Eligible applicants are high-need LEAs; consortia of high-need LEAs; and partnerships of high-need LEAs and either nonprofit organizations (which may be community- or faith-based organizations), or institutions of higher education.
|Federal Grant Title:||Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): School Leadership Program CFDA Number 84.363A|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-050813-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||School Leadership|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 08, 2013|
|Posted Date:||May 08, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jun 04, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Aug 07, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||14|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1. Eligible Applicants: High-need LEAs; consortia of high-need LEAs; and partnerships of high-need LEAs, nonprofit organizations (which may be community- or faith-based organizations), and institutions of higher education. ``High-need LEA'' (as defined in section 2102(3) of the ESEA) means an LEA-- (a)(1) That serves not fewer than 10,000 children from families with incomes below the poverty line, or (2) for which not less than 20 percent of the children served by the LEA are from families with incomes below the poverty line; and (b) For which there is (1) a high percentage of teachers not teaching in the academic subjects or grade levels the teachers were trained to teach, or (2) a high percentage of teachers with emergency, provisional, or temporary certification or licensing. So that the Department can confirm the eligibility of the LEAs that applicants propose to serve, applicants must include information in their applications that demonstrates that each participating LEA in the project is a high-need LEA. This information must be based on the most recent available data on the number of children that the LEA serves from families with incomes below the poverty line. When presenting evidence to support that each participating LEA is a high-need LEA, an applicant must consider the following: The Department is not aware of any reliable data that are available to LEAs--other than data periodically gathered by the U.S. Census Bureau--that would show that an LEA serves the required number or percentage of children (individuals ages 5 through 17) from families below the poverty line (as defined in section 9101(33) of the ESEA).
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6288 [email protected] Program Manager: Tyra Stewart U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue SW., Room 4C111 Washington, DC 20202-5960. Telephone: (202) 260-1847, or by email: [email protected]
e-Mail: Program Mailbox [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • School Leadership Grant Program CFDA 84.363A
- • School Leadership Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...