The summary for the Opportunity ED-GRANTS-072709-001 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity ED-GRANTS-072709-001: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html.Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the CSP is to increase national understanding of the charter school model and to expand the number of high-quality charter schools available to students across the Nation by providing financial assistance for the planning, program design, and initial implementation of charter schools, and to evaluate the effects of charter schools, including their effects on students, student academic achievement, staff, and parents. The non-State educational agency (non-SEA) grants for planning, program design, and implementation, and non-SEA grants for dissemination provide funds for these purposes to eligible applicants in States in which the SEA does not have an approved application under the CSP. Non-SEA eligible applicants that propose to use grant funds for planning, program design, and implementation must apply under CFDA No. 84.282B. Non-SEA eligible applicants that request funds for dissemination activities must submit their applications under CFDA No. 84.282C.Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.282B.Applications for grants under the Charter School Programs--CFDA Numbers 84.282B and 84.282C--must be submitted electronically using e-Application, accessible through the Department's e-Grants Web site at: http://e-grants.ed.gov. While completing your electronic application, you will be entering data online that will be saved into a database. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. SUMMARY: The Department of Education is correcting the notice inviting applications for new awards for FY 2009 for Charter Schools Program Grants to Non-State Educational Agencies for Planning, Program Design, and Implementation and for Dissemination that was published in the Federal Register on July 27, 2009 (74 FR 37020). Correction: (1) On page 37020, in the third column, under Priority, fourth line; and (2) on page 37021, in the first column, first line, the date and page reference for the Federal Register are corrected to read ``November 21, 2008 (73 FR 70627).''
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity ED-GRANTS-072709-001|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-072709-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Charter Schools|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 26, 2009 Appl|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 26, 2009 Appli|
|Posted Date:||Jul 30, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 05, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Sep 25, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- 1. Eligible Applicants: (a) Planning and Initial Implementation (CFDA No. 84.282B): Non-SEA eligible applicants in States with a State statute specifically authorizing the establishment of charter schools and in which the SEA elects not to participate in the CSP or does not have an application approved under the CSP. (b) Dissemination (CFDA No. 84.282C): Charter schools, as defined in section 5210(1) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, as amended (ESEA), in States in which the SEA elects not to participate in the CSP or does not have an application approved under the CSP. Note: A charter school may apply for funds to carry out dissemination activities, whether or not the charter school previously applied for or received funds under the CSP for planning or implementation, if the charter school has been in operation for at least three consecutive years and has demonstrated overall success, including-- (1) Substantial progress in improving student academic achievement; (2) High levels of parent satisfaction; and (3) The management and leadership necessary to overcome initial start-up problems and establish a thriving, financially viable charter school. Note: The term eligible applicant is defined in section 5210(3) of the ESEA. The following States currently have approved applications under the CSP: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Wisconsin. In these States, non-SEA eligible applicants and charter schools interested in participating in the CSP should contact the SEA for information related to the State's CSP subgrant competition.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton ED Grants.gov FIND Systems Admin. Phone 202-245-6140 email@example.com Program Manager: Erin Pfeltz U.S. Department of Education 400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 4W255 Washington, DC 20202-5970 Telephone: (202) 205-3525 or by e-mail:
e-Mail: Program Manager [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • CSP Grants to Non-SEA for Dissemination CFDA Number 84.282C
- • CSP Grants to Non-SEA Eligible Applicants for Planning, Program Design, and Initial Implem...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Charter Schools Program (CSP): Grants for Stat...
- • The Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Charter Schools Program (CSP): Grants for ...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Charter Schools Program (CSP) Grants for Natio...
- • Charter Schools Program (CSP)
- • State Charter School Facilities Incentive Grants Program
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement -- Public Charter Schools Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • Office of innovation and Improvement (OII): Investing in Innovation (I3) Fund: Development...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Preschool Development Grants: Prescho...
- • Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE): Performance Partnership Pilots (...
- • OSERS: RSA: Training of Interpreters for Individuals Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and I...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Promoting Student Resilience (PSR) Pr...