The summary for the Opportunity PA-09-039 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PA-09-039: Purpose: The purpose of the Mentored Quantitative Research Career Development Award (K25) is to attract to NIH-relevant research those investigators whose quantitative science and engineering research has thus far not been focused primarily on questions of health and disease. The K25 award will provide support and protected time for a period of supervised study and research for productive professionals with quantitative (e.g., mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, imaging science, informatics, physics, chemistry) and engineering backgrounds to integrate their expertise with NIH-relevant research. Prospective candidates are encouraged to contact the relevant NIH staff for IC-specific programmatic and budgetary information: Table of Institute and Center Contacts. Mechanism of Support: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will utilize the Mentored Quantitative Research Development Award (K25) mechanism.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PA-09-039|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Employment Labor and Training Food and Nutrition Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-09-039|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Dec 11, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 17, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • NIH Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory - Demonstration Projects for Pragmatic Clin...
- • Implementation Science Research to Improve Dental, Oral and Craniofacial Health (U01)
- • In-Depth Phenotyping and Research Using IMPC-Generated Knockout Mouse Strains Exhibiting E...
- • Support of Competitive Research (SCORE) Research Advancement Award (SC1)
- • "High" or "Medium" Priority AIDS Research on Non-AIDS-defining or AIDS-defining Cancers (R...
- • Epidemiological and Behavioral Research in Oral Health
- • Metagenomic Analyses of the Oral Microbiome
- • Phase Iii Clinical Trials in Oral Infectious Diseases
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Leveraging Electronic Health Records for Alcohol Services Research (R21/R33)
- • Mechanisms of Cancer Drug Resistance and Sensitivity (U54)
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • Revision Applications for U.S.-South Africa Program for Collaborative Biomedical Research ...
- • Limited Competition: Revision Application for the Human Islet Research Network Coordinatin...