The summary for the Opportunity PAR-07-344 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PAR-07-344: -Purpose. The NIH is interested in promoting research and developments in computational science and technology that will support rapid progress in areas of scientific opportunity in biomedical research. As defined here, biomedical computing or biomedical information science and technology includes database design, graphical interfaces, querying approaches, data retrieval, data visualization and manipulation, data integration through the development of integrated analytical tools, and tools for electronic collaboration, as well as computational and mathematical research including the development of structural, functional, integrative, and analytical models and simulations. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PAR-06-411, that solicits applications under the R21 mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PAR-07-344|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-344|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2009 Mult|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2009 Multi|
|Posted Date:||Mar 29, 2007|
|Creation Date:||May 26, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Research on the Health of Women of Underrepresented, Understudied and Underreported (U3) P...
- • Centers for Oceans and Human Health 3: Impacts of Climate Change on Oceans and Great Lakes...
- • Administrative Supplement for Research on Sex/Gender Influences (Admin Supp)
- • Summer Research Experiences for Students and Science Teachers (Admin Supp)
- • Addressing Health Disparities through Effective Interventions Among Immigrant Populations ...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Quantitative Imaging Tools and Methods for Cancer Response Assessment (U01)
- • Research Program Award (R35)
- • Quantitative Imaging Tools and Methods for Cancer Therapy Response Assessment (UG3/UH3)
- • Juvenile Protective Factors and Their Effects on Aging (R03)
- • Juvenile Protective Factors and Their Effects on Aging (R01)