The summary for the Opportunity PAS-07-382 grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Opportunity PAS-07-382: -Purpose. The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), issued by the Office of Research on Women s Health (ORWH) and co-sponsoring NIH institutes and centers (ICs), is to promote innovative, interdisciplinary research that will advance new concepts in women s health research and the study of sex/gender differences. Recent research reports have established the importance of studying issues specific to women, including the scientific and clinical importance of analyzing data separately for females and males. ORWH is particularly interested in encouraging extramural investigators to undertake new interdisciplinary research to advance studies on how sex and gender factors affect women's health; however, applications in all areas of women s health and/or sex/gender research are invited. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R03) award mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PAS-07-381, that solicits applications under the Small Research Grant and Exploratory/Developmental (R 21) award mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. It is anticipated that $1 to $1.5 million will be available for FY 2008. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration and costs of the applications received. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications.
|Federal Grant Title:||Opportunity PAS-07-382|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAS-07-382|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jun 11, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organotypic Culture Models developed from Experimental Animals for Chemical Toxicity Scree...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R21 Cl...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R01 Cl...
- • The Intersection of Sex and Gender Influences on Health and Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Op...
- • Limited Competition: Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...