Organic Transitions Program (ORG)
The summary for the Organic Transitions Program (ORG) grant is detailed below.
This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants.
Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact.
If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Organic Transitions Program (ORG): The overall goal of the Organic Transitions Program (ORG) is to support the development and implementation of research, extension and higher education programs to improve the competitiveness of organic livestock and crop producers, as well as those who are adopting organic practices. In FY 2010, ORG will focus on environmental services provided by organic farming systems that support soil conservation and contribute to climate change mitigation. Practices and systems to be addressed include those associated with organic crops, organic animal production (including dairy), and organic systems integrating plant and animal production.
|Federal Grant Title:
||Organic Transitions Program (ORG)
|Federal Agency Name:
||National Institute of Food and Agriculture
||Agriculture Environment Natural Resources
|Type of Opportunity:
|Funding Opportunity Number:
|Type of Funding:
|Current Application Deadline:
||Jul 01, 2010
|Original Application Deadline:
||Jul 01, 2010
||May 21, 2010
||May 21, 2010
||Aug 02, 2010
|Total Program Funding:
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:
|Expected Number of Awards:
|Cost Sharing or Matching:
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Colleges and universities (as defined in section 1404 of NARETPA) (7 U.S.C. 3103) are eligible to submit applications to the ORG program. Section 1404 of NARETPA was amended by section 7101 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Public Law 110-246) to define Hispanic-serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities (HSACUs) (see Part III, B. and 7 CFR 3430, Competitive and Noncompetitive Non-formula Financial Assistance Programs--General Award Administrative Provisions for more information), and to include research foundations maintained by eligible colleges or universities. For the purposes of this program, the terms "college" and "university" mean an educational institution in any state which (1) admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate; (2) is legally authorized within such state to provide a program of education beyond secondary education; (3) provides an educational program for which a bachelor's degree or any other higher degree is awarded; (4) is a public or other nonprofit institution; and (5) is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association. Applications also may be submitted by 1994 Land-Grant Institutions (defined in 7 CFR 3430, Competitive and Noncompetitive Non-formula Grant Programs--General Grant Administrative Provisions), HSACUs, and research foundations maintained by eligible colleges or universities.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content [email@example.com ]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Regional Integrated Pest Management Centers
- • Organic Transitions
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide ...
- • Crop Protection and Pest Management
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program: National Integra...
- • Integrated Organic Program
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Service Competitive Grants Program: Methyl B...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Army Family Advocacy Program: Research and Prevention
- • Department of Defense (DoD) Teen Adventure Camp Program
- • Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness
- • Department of Defense Virtual Lab School (VLS)
- • Food and Agricultural Sciences National Needs Graduate and Postgraduate Fellowship (NNF) G...