Outcomes, Cost-Effectiveness and the Decision Making Process to Use Complementary and Alternative Medicine (R01)
The summary for the Outcomes, Cost-Effectiveness and the Decision Making Process to Use Complementary and Alternative Medicine (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Outcomes, Cost-Effectiveness and the Decision Making Process to Use Complementary and Alternative Medicine (R01): -Purpose. The primary purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), issued by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) and the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH), is to encourage the submission of high quality observational studies evaluating the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) approaches as used in the community, and the decision processes employed by patients and providers in deciding to use CAM. Projects in which the investigators assign participants to specific therapies (CAM or conventional) or groups of therapies (CAM or conventional) are not allowed under this FOA. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Outcomes, Cost-Effectiveness and the Decision Making Process to Use Complementary and Alternative Medicine (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-045|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 19, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 19, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Dec 13, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jun 19, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Phased Innovation Award for Mechanistic Studies to Optimize Mind and Body Interventions in...
- • Innovation Award for Mechanistic Studies to Optimize Mind and Body Interventions in NCCIH ...
- • Data Management and Coordinating Center (DMCC) for the Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic F...
- • NIH-DoD-VA Pain Management Collaboratory - Pragmatic Clinical Trials Demonstration Project...
- • NIH-DoD-VA Pain Management Collaboratory - Coordinating Center (U24)
- • Probiotics for Pediatric Illnesses
- • Cam Practitioner Research Education Project Grant Partnership
- • Complementary and Alternative Medicine Career Transition Award (K22)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)