Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
The summary for the Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards: Purpose: This RFA invites applications to support planning activities to design Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award programs (CTSAs). The goal of the Institutional CTSA program (which is described in RFA-RM-06-002) is to create an academic home (as a Center, Department, Institute or other) environment that will develop the discipline of clinical and translational science, increase the efficiency and speed of clinical research, and train the next generation of clinical and translational scientists. The purpose of this RFA is to provide resources to allow institutions to develop a plan for the content, governance, administration and evaluation of a CTSA, and to manage the necessary organizational and cultural changes needed to implement the program. Planning activities are intended to lay the foundation and prepare institutions for submitting a subsequent CTSA application.
|Federal Grant Title:||Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RM-06-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Infrastructure|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 27, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Oct 12, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Oct 12, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Apr 26, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$11,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$150,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||50|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Domestic institutions, including universities, academic health centers, or other research organizations conducting clinical and translational research are eligible. Institutions and their affiliates (if any) may submit, or be part of, only a single application in response to this RFA. Multiple applications from different divisions, faculties, centers, schools, etc. of the same university or medical school will be returned without further consideration by the NIH. Foreign institutions and foreign components of applications are not allowed. Applications from ineligible institutions will be returned.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- • Ncrr Shared Instrumentation Grant (Sig) Program
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Leveraging Electronic Health Records for Alcohol Services Research (R21/R33)
- • Mechanisms of Cancer Drug Resistance and Sensitivity (U54)
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • Revision Applications for U.S.-South Africa Program for Collaborative Biomedical Research ...
- • Limited Competition: Revision Application for the Human Islet Research Network Coordinatin...