Public Health Nursing Continuing Education Grant
The summary for the Public Health Nursing Continuing Education Grant grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Public Health Nursing Continuing Education Grant: The purpose of the Public Health Nurse Continuing Education Grant is to support schools of nursing and Public Health Training Centers (PHTCs) in partnerships to provide population-based health care continuing education to broaden the foundational skills and competencies of practicing public health nurses and nurses who work in the public health field but lack formal training. It is the intent of this program to reach as many states as possible. Applicants should assess how they can include states and accredited schools of public health not currently a part of the PHTC network. The primary target training population is public health nurses working in state, local, city and county health departments who: Have formal training in public health but need additional skills and knowledge; Work in clinical, management, supervisory and combination positions; or Are new to these settings and lack formal preparation in population-based health. The secondary target training population is nurses working in community-based organizations who provide public health services but lack formal training in population-based health care (e.g., visiting and home health nurses, school health nurses, and parish nurses).
|Federal Grant Title:||Public Health Nursing Continuing Education Grant|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-06-117|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Nurse Education, Practice and Retention Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 24, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Jun 21, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jun 22, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Sep 01, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$250,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||10|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Schools of nursing with graduate programs in public health nursing/community health, which have partnerships with one or more PHTCs and with one or more State or local health departments. Optional: Schools of nursing may also form partnerships with other schools of nursing in the state or region to partner with PHTCs. Public Health Training Centers, which are currently receiving HRSA funds and have partnerships with one or more public health/community health graduate nursing schools, and with one or more state or local health departments. Optional: PHTCs may also form collaborations with other PHTCs to share resources and broaden the geographic reach of the program joining nursing school partners.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
CallCenter@HRSA.GOV Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email
- Similar Government Grants
- • Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention (NEPQR) - Veteran Nurses in Primary Care ...
- • Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention (NEPQR) - Registered Nurses in Primary Ca...
- • Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention (NEPQR) Program - Veteran's Bachelor of S...
- • Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention - Bachelor of Science in Nursing Practicu...
- • Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention- Interprofessional Collaborative Practice...
- • Nurse Education, Practice and Retention
- • Grow Your Own FQHC Nurse
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care