Public Health Prevention Fund: Streamlined Surveillance for Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia: Reducing Burden and Demonstrating Preventability
The summary for the Public Health Prevention Fund: Streamlined Surveillance for Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia: Reducing Burden and Demonstrating Preventability grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Public Health Prevention Fund: Streamlined Surveillance for Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia: Reducing Burden and Demonstrating Preventability: CDC has identified the prevention of HAIs as a winnable battle and therefore a priority public health challenge that will lead to measurable impact. Ventilator-associated pneumonia (VAP) is one of the most common and deadly healthcare-associated infections (HAIs). CDC's National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) receives VAP data reported from healthcare facilities using standard methodology and established VAP definitions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Public Health Prevention Fund: Streamlined Surveillance for Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia: Reducing Burden and Demonstrating Preventability|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-CK11-0010101PPHF11|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Affordable Care Act Streamlined surveillance for ventilator-associated pneumonia: Reducing burden and demonstrating prev|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 03, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 03, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Apr 01, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Apr 01, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jun 02, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,508,825|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The research activities conducted under program announcement CK11-001 Epi-centers for the Prevention of Healthcare-Associated Infections Antimicrobial Resistance and Adverse Events was established to develop, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of epidemiologically-based strategies to improve healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) Technical Information and Management Section (TIMS) Phone 770-488-2700
General Submission Inquiries [email@example.com]
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2