Rental Assistance for Non-Elderly Persons Disabilities
The summary for the Rental Assistance for Non-Elderly Persons Disabilities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Rental Assistance for Non-Elderly Persons Disabilities: The Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009, made available $30 million for incremental Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) for non-elderly disabled families served by public housing agencies with demonstrated experience and resources for supportive services. An additional $10,086,710 was made available from unused 2008 appropriated funds for Designated Housing and Certain Developments. This money should fund approximately 5,300 HCVs. Approximately 4,300 HCVs under this NOFA will enable non-elderly disabled families to access affordable housing. Approximately 1,000 HCVs will enable non-elderly persons with disabilities transition from nursing homes and other health care institutions into the community.
|Federal Grant Title:||Rental Assistance for Non-Elderly Persons Disabilities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5332-N-02|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 07, 2010 The|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 07, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Apr 07, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 07, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 10, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- The correction (FR-5332-C-03) clarifies specific provisions of the NOFA that required clarification or correction. This does not change the July 7th close date.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- PHAs that currently administer a HCV program are eligible to apply for funding under this NOFA.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Phyllis Smelkinson at (202) 402-4138
Program Contact [Phyllis.Smelkinson@hud.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Housing Choice Voucher Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- • Housing Choice Voucher Family Self-Sufficiency (HCV FSS)
- • Housing Choice Voucher Family Self Sufficiency
- • Housing Choice Voucher Family Self Sufficiency Program
- • Rental Assistance for Non-Elderly Persons w/Disabilities Related To Certain Types of Secti...
- • Housing Choice Voucher Family Self-Sufficiency Program Coordinator
- • Mainstream Housing for Persons with Disabilities
- • Housing Choice Voucher Family Self-Sufficiency
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • Research and Evaluation, Demonstration, and Data Analysis and Utilization
- • Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control (LBPHC) Grant Program
- • Lead Hazard Reduction Demonstration (LHRD) Grant Program
- • Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2017 Supplemental C...
- • Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program