Rescue & Restore Victims of Human Trafficking Regional Program
The summary for the Rescue & Restore Victims of Human Trafficking Regional Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Rescue & Restore Victims of Human Trafficking Regional Program: Building on the work of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Rescue & Restore Victims of Human Trafficking campaign, which began to establish local anti-trafficking coalitions, the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), in the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) within HHS, seeks to continue and expand its efforts through regional grantees that will serve as focal points for an intensification of local outreach to and identification of victims of severe forms of trafficking in persons. Each successful applicant will be required to maintain a strong coalition designed to meet those goals, and to sub-award at least 60 percent of grant funds received to local organizations that identify and work with victims of human trafficking. A successful applicant must be the planner, fiscal agent, monitor, and technical assistance provider for the sub-awardees. The grant recipient may use no more than 20 percent of the grant award for administration and management of coalition efforts, and retain no more than 40 percent of the grant award. ORR seeks to award one cooperative agreement per geographic area for a period of two years. Applications will be screened and evaluated as indicated in this program announcement. Awards will be contingent on the outcomes of the competition and the availability of funds. The Director of ORR does not intend to award more than one grant per distinct geographic area. The Director of ORR may ensure that grants are awarded for certain high-priority geographic areas. ORR will accept applications from eligible, current grantees and contractors who wish to apply for funding under this announcement, but will not award funding for activities that are duplicative of those currently supported with ORR funds. The anticipated start date for awards is February 15, 2009.
|Federal Grant Title:||Rescue & Restore Victims of Human Trafficking Regional Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2009-ACF-ORR-ZV-0027|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Services to Victims of a Severe Form of Trafficking|
|Current Application Deadline:||Dec 22, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 22, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Nov 06, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Nov 06, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jan 21, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||11|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is open to all types of domestic applicants other than individuals. HHS funds may not be paid as profit to any recipient even if the recipient is a commercial organization (45 CFR 74.81). Faith-based and community organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign entities are not eligible under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Maggie WynneMaggie.Wynne@ACF.hhs.gov
Maggie Wynne [Maggie.Wynne@ACF.hhs.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Trafficking Victim Assistance Program
- • Rescue & Restore Victims of Human Trafficking Regional Program
- • National Human Trafficking Hotline, Training, and Technical Assistance Program
- • National Human Trafficking Victim Assistance Program
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants