Research on the Epidemiology, Vaccine Effectiveness and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses in Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific
The summary for the Research on the Epidemiology, Vaccine Effectiveness and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses in Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Research on the Epidemiology, Vaccine Effectiveness and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses in Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific: The NCIRD Influenza Division (ID) is seeking to initiate a cooperative agreement with the School of Public Health, University of Hong Kong, (UHK), the Peoples’ Republic of China, to conduct research studies among older adults on the epidemiology, disease burden, and effectiveness of annual or twice a year vaccination for influenza. The University of Hong Kong has an established respiratory virus active surveillance system among older adults in a region of China with twice-yearly periods of influenza circulation, which can be utilized to expand and conduct additional research on disease burden and vaccine efficacy in this population. This surveillance platform has allowed the research team at UHK to better understand risk factors for mild to severe influenza disease; however, it has not generated significant data on the burden of influenza or influenza vaccine effectiveness in the older adult population. This new cooperative agreement will allow NCIRD ID to expand collaborations with UHK to examine this population in more depth as well as to better understand best vaccine practices in this age group. This cooperative agreement could build upon the existing surveillance system in China or lessons learned from that system could be used in teh future to establish this project in another country in the Asia-Pacific region.
|Federal Grant Title:||Research on the Epidemiology, Vaccine Effectiveness and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses in Southeast Asia and the Western Pacific|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-IP-16-001|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Prevention of Disease, Disability, and Death through Immunization and Control of Respiratory and Related Diseases|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 11, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 11, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||Oct 28, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Oct 28, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Feb 10, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Additional Information on Eligibility
University of Hong Kong, School of Public Health
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Amy Yang
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 404-498-2015
- Similar Government Grants
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...
- • Public Health Epidemiology of Influenza Virus Infection and Control in China
- • Epidemiology and Risk of Novel and Seasonal Influenza Viruses and the Value of Prevention,...
- • Centers for Disease Control and Prevention US Platform to Measure Influenza Vaccine Effect...
- • Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Economic Studies of Immunization Policies and P...
- • Effectiveness of Empiric Antiviral Treatment for Hospitalized Community Acquired Pneumonia...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in a...
- • Economic Studies of Immunization Policies and Practices
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2