Second Chance Act Adult and Juvenile Offender Reentry Demonstration Projects
The summary for the Second Chance Act Adult and Juvenile Offender Reentry Demonstration Projects grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Justice Assistance, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Second Chance Act Adult and Juvenile Offender Reentry Demonstration Projects: The Second Chance Act of 2007 (Pub. L. 110-199) provides a comprehensive response to the increasing number of people who are released from prison, jail, and juvenile residential facilities and returning to communities. There are currently over 2.3 million individuals serving time in our federal and state prisons, and millions of people cycling through local jails every year. There are approximately 94,000 youth in residential confinement within the juvenile justice system on any given day. Ninety-five percent of all offenders incarcerated today will eventually be released and will return to communities. The Second Chance Act will help ensure the transition individuals make from prison, jail, or juvenile residential facilities to the community is safe and successful.
|Federal Grant Title:||Second Chance Act Adult and Juvenile Offender Reentry Demonstration Projects|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Justice Assistance|
|Grant Categories:||Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BJA-2010-2456|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Second Chance Act Prisoner Reentry Initiative|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2010 For A|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2010 For A|
|Posted Date:||Dec 22, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Dec 24, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Apr 03, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Al Roddy
Technical Assistance [Al.Roddy@usdoj.gov]
- Similar Government Grants
- • BJA FY 17 Smart Reentry: Focus on Evidence-Based Strategies for Successful Reentry from In...
- • BJA FY 17 Second Chance Act Reentry Program for Adults with Co-Occurring Substance Abuse a...
- • BJA FY 17 Smart Supervision: Reducing Prison Populations, Saving Money, and Creating Safer...
- • OJJDP FY 2014 Second Chance Act Two-Phase Juvenile Reentry Demonstration Program: Planning...
- • OJJDP FY 2014 Second Chance Act Comprehensive Statewide Juvenile Reentry Systems Reform Pl...
- • FY 2010 Second Chance Act Mentoring Grants to Nonprofit Organizations
- • BJA FY 10 Second Chance Act State, Local, and Tribal Reentry Courts
- • BJA FY 10 Second Chance Act Reentry Demonstration Program: Targeting Offenders with Co-occ...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Justice Assistance
- • BJA FY 17 National Initiatives: Officer Safety and Wellness (VALOR)
- • BJA FY 17 Swift, Certain, and Fair Sanctions (SCF)/ Replicating the Concepts Behind Projec...
- • BJA FY 17 National Initiatives: Law Enforcement
- • BJA FY 17 Justice and Mental Health Collaboration Program
- • BJA FY 17 Tribal Justice Systems Infrastructure Training and Technical Assistance Program