Small Business Alzheimer's Disease Research (SBIR[R43/R44])
The summary for the Small Business Alzheimer's Disease Research (SBIR[R43/R44]) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Small Business Alzheimer's Disease Research (SBIR[R43/R44]): On February 7, 2012, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius announced that $50 million would be directed immediately to boost Alzheimers research in FY2012 in response to President Obama signing the National Alzheimer's Project Act. This increased funding will likely cover a range of projects, including basic science on the biology and genetics of Alzheimers disease as well as translational and clinical research in development and testing of therapies. The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement is to solicit Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) applications from eligible small business concerns in the area of Alzheimer's disease.
|Federal Grant Title:||Small Business Alzheimer's Disease Research (SBIR[R43/R44])|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Food and Nutrition Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-OD-12-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 30, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 30, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Feb 29, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Feb 29, 2012|
|Archive Date:||May 31, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organotypic Culture Models developed from Experimental Animals for Chemical Toxicity Scree...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R21 Cl...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R01 Cl...
- • The Intersection of Sex and Gender Influences on Health and Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Op...
- • Limited Competition: Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...