Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Biomarker Study (U01)
The summary for the Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Biomarker Study (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Biomarker Study (U01): The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA), issued by NINDS, is to invite applications for a study of candidate biomarkers in Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). The study will be done using the NeuroNEXT infrastructure (as established in response to RFA-NS-11-009, RFA-NS-11-010, RFA-NS-11-008) along with ad hoc clinical sites as appropriate. This is a milestone-driven cooperative agreement program involving participation of NIH staff in the development of the project plan and monitoring of research progress.
|Federal Grant Title:||Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) Biomarker Study (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-NS-12-004|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 01, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 01, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 09, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 09, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 02, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,750,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations) are eligible to apply, but will have to work with the U.S.-based NeuroNEXT infrastructure.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • NINDS Postdoctoral Mentored Career Development Award (K01)
- • Research Program Award (R35)
- • NINDS Exploratory Clinical Trials (R01)
- • NINDS Efficacy Clinical Trials (U01)
- • Frontotemporal Degeneration FTD Sequencing Consortium: Discovery, replication and validati...
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)