State Health Access Program (SHAP)
The summary for the State Health Access Program (SHAP) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Health Access Program (SHAP): This grant program is to support States ready to implement a health insurance coverage program designed for the uninsured. Two types of State grants are available: 1) target grants for States focusing on a particular population(s) at $2-4 million a year for 5 years, subject to the availability of funds and; 2) comprehensive grants for large States or those planning more extensive coverage initiatives at $7-10 million a year for 5 years, subject to the availability of funds. Matching funds and project sustainability beyond the 5-year period are required. FY 2009 Congressional Appropriations Bill, Public Law 111-8.
|Federal Grant Title:||State Health Access Program (SHAP)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-09-226|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||State Planning Grants Health Care Access for the Uninsured|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 16, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 16, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Apr 21, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Apr 21, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Aug 14, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$75,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||15|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The Governor of each State or territory is invited to apply. The Governor can designate an individual or agency authorized to prepare the State's application on behalf of the State. Only a State entity can be the official recipient of a grant. Only one application per State is permitted.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • State Planning Grants Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care