State Vital Statistics Improvement Program
The summary for the State Vital Statistics Improvement Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
State Vital Statistics Improvement Program: The purpose of the program is to enhance the ability of the nations public health workforce to operate efficiently and provide timely and high quality data to the National Vital Statistics System through the enhanced skills acquired by providing technical assistance to civil registration and vital statistics systems in low-resource countries.
|Federal Grant Title:||State Vital Statistics Improvement Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (HHS-CDC)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Continuation|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-SH12-12010202SUPP13|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||September 3rd, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||September 3rd, 2013|
|Posted Date:||August 2nd, 2013|
|Creation Date:||August 2nd, 2013|
|Archive Date:||October 3rd, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$60,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$60,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 2nd, 2013|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants The following recipients may submit an application: An application may be submitted by the National Association of Public Health Statistics and Information Systems (NAPHSIS). No other applications will be accepted. The eligible applicant is limited to NAPHSIS because its primary mission is the support of the State vital statistics and vital records programs and provides the basis for appropriate technical assistance to the civil registration and vital statistics systems of developing countries. Other organizations lack the background and understanding of the unique requirements of a civil registration and vital statistics system, skills essential to providing the advice, training, and support called for as part of a civil registration and vital statistics improvement activity. An internet search was conducted to identify organizations capable of providing technical assistance on both civil registration and vital statistics. References were found to the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) and the Health Metrics Network (HMN). Neither organization is domestic. In addition, the Health Metrics Network was recently disbanded and neither the UNSD nor the HMN has the skills required to provide technical assistance on civil registration activities, as their expertise is/was focused on vital statistics. In sum, the single eligibility decision is based on the acknowledgement that the foremost knowledge and expertise on the combination of civil registration and vital statistics is available to the National Association for Public Health Statistics and Information Systems.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Association For Public Health Statistics And Information Systems (naphsis)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2