Validation and Field Testing of New Tools for Characterizing the Personal Environment [R01]
The summary for the Validation and Field Testing of New Tools for Characterizing the Personal Environment [R01] grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Validation and Field Testing of New Tools for Characterizing the Personal Environment [R01]: Purpose. This FOA solicits applications to conduct field testing and initial validation of existing prototype tools for characterizing the personal environment including chemical exposures, diet, physical activity, psychosocial stress and the use of addictive substances. Applicants must have a functional prototype which has been validated under controlled (i.e., laboratory) conditions and partner with an ongoing human subjects research study with existing reference measures to assess the validity and usability of the prototype as well as the additional scientific impact of the exposure metric. Limited support for device refinement and expansion of the study cohort is allowable but not the focus of this FOA. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the R01 award mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of similar scientific scope, RFA-ES-10-008, that encourages applications to pilot test novel candidate biomarkers and technologies that measure biological responses to chemical toxicants and other environmental stressors. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. NIEHS, NCI, NIAAA, NIDA, and OBSSR intend to commit a combined total of $4,025,000 in FY11 to fund 8 to 10 awards through this FOA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Validation and Field Testing of New Tools for Characterizing the Personal Environment [R01]|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-ES-10-007|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 21, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 21, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Aug 13, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Aug 13, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Nov 21, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,028,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER [email protected]
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organotypic Culture Models developed from Experimental Animals for Chemical Toxicity Scree...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R21 Cl...
- • Environmental Risks for Psychiatric Disorders: Biological Basis of Pathophysiology (R01 Cl...
- • The Intersection of Sex and Gender Influences on Health and Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Op...
- • Limited Competition: Specialized Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities...
- • Outstanding New Environmental Scientist Award (ONES)
- • Environmental Health Sciences Core Center Grants
- • Leiomyomata Uteri: Basic Science and Translational Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...