WaterSMART- Applied Science Grants
The summary for the WaterSMART- Applied Science Grants grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Reclamation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
WaterSMART- Applied Science Grants: The objective of this opportunity is to invite eligible non-Federal entities to leverage their money and resources by cost sharing with Reclamation on applied science projects to develop hydrologic information and water management tools and improve modeling and forecasting capabilities. Results from these projects will be used by water managers to increase water supply reliability, provide flexibility in water operations, and improve water management. Project results must be readily applicable by water managers, resulting in tools and information that can be used to: support water supply reliability, management of water deliveries, water marketing activities, drought management activities, conjunctive use of ground and surface water, water rights administration, ability to meet endangered species requirements, watershed health, conservation and efficiency, and other water management objectives.
|Federal Grant Title:||WaterSMART- Applied Science Grants|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Reclamation (DOI-BOR)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||BOR-DO-19-F012|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||October 30th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||October 30th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||June 27th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||June 27th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||November 29th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||12|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||June 27th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Category A: States, Indian tribes, irrigation districts, water districts, or other organizations with water or power delivery authority located in the Western United States or United States Territories including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the Virgin Islands.Category B: Universities, nonprofit research institutions, and nonprofit organizations.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Program Website
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Matthew D Reichert
Grants Management Specialist
Reclamation Financial Assistance Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • WaterSMART: Applied Science Grants for the Desert and Southern Rockies Landscape Conservat...
- • WaterSMART Applied Science Grants for the Southern Rockies Landscape Conservation Cooperat...
- • WaterSMART Desert Landscape Conservation Cooperative
- • WaterSMART Applied Science Grants for the Desert Landscape Conservation Cooperative
- More Grants from the Bureau of Reclamation
- • Middle Entiat Habitat Restoration Area C and F
- • Desalination and Water Purification Research Program: Research Projects for Fiscal Years 2...
- • Enhanced Acoustic Tagging, Analysis, and Real-time Monitoring of Wild and Hatchery Salmoni...
- • Decontamination Units to Prevent Further Dreissenid Mussels Introduction and Spread in Cal...
- • Delta Education and Outreach Projects