Area Health Education Centers Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement Awards
The summary for the Area Health Education Centers Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement Awards grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Area Health Education Centers Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement Awards: This program guidance announcement solicits applications for a two-year project period for AHEC Infrastructure Development awards and AHEC Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement awards, as authorized by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, Public Law 111-148, which amended Title VII, Section 751, of the Public Health Service Act. The AHEC programs consist of interdisciplinary, community-based training programs wherein academic and community-based leaders work to improve the distribution, diversity, supply, and quality of health care personnel, particularly primary care personnel in the health care services delivery system and more specifically in delivery sites in rural and other underserved areas. Successful applicants will be awarded cooperative agreements to establish and advance state-wide or multi-county AHEC programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Area Health Education Centers Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement Awards|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-10-252|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Model State-Supported Area Health Education Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 26, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 26, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Apr 26, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Apr 26, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jul 25, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$8,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||19|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- An entity eligible to apply for AHEC Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement awards (formerly referred to as Model AHEC Program awards) means an entity that has received funds under this section (751)(a)(1), is operating an area health education center program, including an area health education center or centers, and has a center or centers that are no longer eligible to receive financial assistance under subsection (a)(1).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Area Health Education Centers Program
- • Area Health Education Centers Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement
- • Model State-Supported Area Health Education Centers
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Health Information Technology Capacity Building for the Integration of Medicaid and Ryan W...
- • Poison Center Network Service Area Competition
- • Optimizing Family Support for Families of Children with or at-risk for Congenital Zika Vir...
- • Maternal and Child Health Research Network Program Children with Special Health Care Needs...
- • Maternal and Child Health Collaborative Office Rounds (MCH COR)