Model State-Supported Area Health Education Centers
The summary for the Model State-Supported Area Health Education Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Model State-Supported Area Health Education Centers: To improve the distribution, diversity, and quality of health personnel in the health services delivery system by encouraging the regional organization of health professions schools. The Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Program assists schools in planning, developing, and operating area health education centers that will initiate educational systems incentives to both attract and retain health care personnel in scarcity areas. By linking the academic resources of the university health science center with local planning and educational and clinical resources, the AHEC programs and centers establish a network of community-based training sites that provide educational services to students, faculty, and practitioners in underserved areas, and ultimately, improve the delivery of health care in the service area.
|Federal Grant Title:||Model State-Supported Area Health Education Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-10-117|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Model State-Supported Area Health Education Centers|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 12, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 12, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Mar 08, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 08, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jun 11, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$11,200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||21|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Public or private nonprofit accredited medical schools, osteopathic schools of medicine, and incorporated consortia made of such schools or their parent institutions are eligible. In States where no AHEC program is in operation, accredited schools of nursing are appropriate.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-998-7373 or email [CallCenter@HRSA.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Area Health Education Centers Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement
- • Area Health Education Centers Point of Service Maintenance and Enhancement Awards
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Maternal and Child Environmental Health Collaborative Improvement and Innovation Network (...
- • Centers of Excellence (COE)
- • Maternal and Child Environmental Health Network
- • Advanced Nursing Education Workforce (ANEW) Program
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part B AIDS Drug Assistance Program Training and Technical Ass...