Characterizing Response of Soil and Stream Chemistry from the Chimney Tops 2 Fire
The summary for the Characterizing Response of Soil and Stream Chemistry from the Chimney Tops 2 Fire grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Characterizing Response of Soil and Stream Chemistry from the Chimney Tops 2 Fire: Soil and trees within Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GRSM) play a significant role in the uptake and processing of acidic components deposited upon the landscape. The Chimney Tops 2 (CT2) fire burned 11,000 acres of park property, including many trees and groundcover, which are no longer present in the ecosystem. The effects of such fires on the soils and nearby stream chemistry are relatively unknown within GRSM. The purposes of this effort are to document the changes in soil and stream chemistry observed in various burn severities due to the Chimney Tops 2 fire.
|Federal Grant Title:||Characterizing Response of Soil and Stream Chemistry from the Chimney Tops 2 Fire|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P18AS00571|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 31st, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 31st, 2018|
|Posted Date:||August 22nd, 2018|
|Creation Date:||August 22nd, 2018|
|Archive Date:||September 22nd, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$56,924|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||August 22nd, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The United States Department of the Interior, The National Park Service (NPS), and Great Smoky Mountain National Park, is announcing a notice of intent to award a cooperative agreement; this IS NOT A REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS. This funding opportunity is to provide public notice of NPS's intention to fund the following project activities WITHOUT full and open competition, under Cooperative Agreement P18AC00441, with The University of Tennessee, for a project titled; Characterizing Response of Soil and Stream Chemistry from the Chimney Tops 2 Fire.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Brian Straka 8654361217
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area