Clinical Research Curriculum Award (K30)
The summary for the Clinical Research Curriculum Award (K30) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Clinical Research Curriculum Award (K30): Purpose. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) invites educational and research institutions to apply for the Clinical Research Curriculum Award (CRCA). CRCA awards will be made exclusively to institutions that are not yet participants in a Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA). Applications in response to this RFA may be either new or competitive renewals of existing K30 programs and awards will be for three years. NCRR will be the review and funding institute for CRCA applications submitted in response to this FOA. The CRCA is an award to institutions that addresses, in part, the NIH's commitment to improve the quality of training in clinical research. This RFA is intended to stimulate the inclusion of high-quality didactic training as part of the career development of clinical investigators from diverse scientific backgrounds and disciplines. These programs prepare undergraduate, predoctoral, or postdoctoral candidates, or combinations of these, to conduct research in team settings that are highly interdisciplinary and collaborative. The courses and curricula should be organized around interdisciplinary research themes. To achieve the necessary breadth and diversity of courses, proposals should include multiple departments and may include multiple centers, schools or institutions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Clinical Research Curriculum Award (K30)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RR-09-006|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Center for Research Resources|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 30, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Mar 09, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Mar 09, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jul 31, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||16|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Limited Competition: Competitive Revision for Technology Development within Biomedical Tec...
- • Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) (P20)
- • Instrument Development for Biomedical Applications (R21)
- • Limited Competition: Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Cli...
- • High-End Instrumentation Grant Program (S10)
- • NCRR Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [R25]
- • Planning Grants for Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Awards
- • Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...