Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and Alaska Natives
The summary for the Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and Alaska Natives grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and Alaska Natives: The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) invites applications for cooperative agreements to conduct five-year studies in American Indian/Alaskan Native (AI/AN) communities to test the effectiveness of behavioral interventions to promote the adoption of healthy lifestyles and/or improve behaviors related to cardiovascular (CV) risk, such as weight reduction, regular physical activity, and smoking cessation.
|Federal Grant Title:||Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and Alaska Natives|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HL-06-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Heart and Vascular Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 10, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Dec 06, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Dec 06, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Apr 09, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are not eligible for awards under this announcement. Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will be returned without review. This funding opportunity is for new applications. Applicants who previously submitted to RFA HL-04-023 should submit a new application for this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Research on E-Cigarettes (R01)
- • Pediatric Heart Network Clinical Research Centers (UG1)
- • Limited Competition: Pediatric Heart Network for the Data Coordinating Center (U24)
- • Pulmonary and Cardiovascular Consequences of Inhaled Nicotine (R01)
- • NHLBI Progenitor Cell Translational Consortium Coordinating Center (U24)
- • The Relationship Between Hypertension and Inflammation
- • Weight Loss in Obese Adults with Cardiovascular Risk Factors: Clinical Interventions (U01)
- • Clinical Research in Peripheral Arterial Disease
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)