Competing Revisions for Macromolecular Interactions in Cells (R01)
The summary for the Competing Revisions for Macromolecular Interactions in Cells (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Competing Revisions for Macromolecular Interactions in Cells (R01): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to diversify and extend the scope and capabilities of currently funded NIGMS R01 and R37 projects for studies on macromolecular interactions and their relationship to function in cells. This FOA solicits competitive revisions (formerly called "competing supplements") of currently funded NIGMS grants specializing in the analysis of molecular systems and mechanisms in live organelles, cells, tissues, or organisms. Applicants may increase their budgets to extend the scientific scope of their projects or to add new approaches that enhance their capabilities for research on macromolecular interactions in cells. Collaboration is not a requirement of this initiative, but applicants may request support for collaboration (including subcontracts) with investigators who have complementary expertise Support for access of modestly funded laboratories to experimental approaches and research objectives that are otherwise financially out of reach is one priority of this FOA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Competing Revisions for Macromolecular Interactions in Cells (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-GM-13-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 18, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 18, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jan 27, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jan 27, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Nov 18, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$80,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...