Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii
The summary for the Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii: Under this program, grants will be awarded to address significant disparities in perinatal health indicators in communities within 62 miles of the U.S. Mexico border or in Alaska and Hawaii. Communities must provide a scope of project services that will cover pregnancy and interconceptional phases for women and infants residing in the proposed project area. Services are to be given to both mother and infant for two years following delivery to promote longer interconceptional periods and prevent relapses of unhealthy risk behaviors.
|Federal Grant Title:||Disparities in Perinatal Health-Border, Alaska and Hawaii|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-05-037|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Healthy Start Initiative|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Dec 28, 2004|
|Posted Date:||Sep 15, 2004|
|Creation Date:||Sep 15, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Jan 27, 2005|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Any public or private entity, including an Indian tribe or tribal organization (as defined at 25 U.S.C. 450b) is eligible to apply. Funding would be made available to community-based (and faith-based) projects which have: 1) significant disparities in perinatal indicators which contribute to high infant mortality rates, among one or more subpopulations; 2) an existing active consortia of stakeholders which have underway a perinatal disparity reduction initiative for at least one year; and, 3) a feasible plan to reduce barriers, improve the local perinatal system of care, and work towards eliminating existing disparities in perinatal health. These sites must have or plan to implement/adapt Healthy Start strategies of consortium, case management, and outreach services in a culturally and linguistically sensitive manner. In addition, they must demonstrate existing/planned collaborations with key State and local services and resources systems. Such key! State and local resources include Title V, Title X, Title XIX, Title XXI, WIC, Enterprise Communities/Empowerment Zones, federally funded Community and Migrant Health Centers, federally funded Health Care for the Homeless projects, and Indian/Tribal Health Services. To apply programs must target a Community/geographic area(s) with disparate perinatal indicators (such as inadequate prenatal care, anemia) that can contribute to infant mortality The selected communities must be within 62 miles of the U.S.-Mexican border or be in Alaska or Hawaii
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Contact HRSA Call Center at 877-Go4-HRSA/877-464-4772;301-353-1899 or email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 2: Enhanced S...
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 1: Community-...
- • Promoting Preventive Health Services for Women
- • Healthy Start Initiative: Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health (Level 3: Leadership...
- • Supporting Healthy Start Performance Project
- • Eliminating Disparities in Perinatal Health
- • Healthy Start Initiative-Eliminating Racial/Ethnic Disparities
- • National Fetal and Infant Mortality Review (FIMR) Resource Center
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Health Information Technology Capacity Building for the Integration of Medicaid and Ryan W...
- • Poison Center Network Service Area Competition
- • Optimizing Family Support for Families of Children with or at-risk for Congenital Zika Vir...
- • Maternal and Child Health Research Network Program Children with Special Health Care Needs...
- • Maternal and Child Health Collaborative Office Rounds (MCH COR)