Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R21)
The summary for the Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R21): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is intended to support clinical trials conducting preliminary evaluation of the safety and efficacy of imaging agents, as well as an assessment of imaging systems, image processing, image-guided therapy, contrast kinetic modeling, and 3-D reconstruction and other quantitative tools. As many such preliminary evaluations are early in development, this FOA will provide investigators with support for pilot (Phase I and II) cancer imaging clinical trials, including patient monitoring and laboratory studies. The imaging and Image-guided Intervention (IGI) investigations, if proven successful in these early clinical trials, can then be validated in larger studies through competitive R01 mechanisms, or through clinical trials in the Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs), Cancer Center and/or Cooperative Groups.
|Federal Grant Title:||Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-11-216|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Detection and Diagnosis Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 13, 2014|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 13, 2014|
|Posted Date:||May 24, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 24, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Apr 13, 2014|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Foreign (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Oncology Co-Clinical Imaging Research Resources to Encourage Consensus on Quantitative Ima...
- • SBIR Phase II Bridge Awards to Accelerate the Development of Cancer Therapeutics, Imaging ...
- • Supplements to Promote Clinical Research Studies on Pediatric Burkitt Lymphoma in Low- and...
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • Revision Applications for Assay Validation For High Quality Markers For NCI-Supported Clin...
- • Image-Guided Cancer Interventions (STTR [R41/R42])
- • An SBIR Initiative for Image-Guided Cancer Interventions (R43/R44)
- • In Vivo Cancer Imaging Exploratory/Developmental Grants
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Learning Disabilities Research Centers (P50)
- • NIAMS Clinical Trial Planning Grant (R34)
- • NIAMS Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement (U01)
- • Short-term Measurements of Physical Resilience as a Predictor of Healthspan in Mice (R01)
- • Basic and Translational Research on Decision Making in Aging and Alzheimer's Disease (R01)