Environmental Education Program
The summary for the Environmental Education Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Fish and Wildlife Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Environmental Education Program: Provide an Environmental Education Program for the Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge. The United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) is an environmental Federal Agency with offices throughout the United States. Through on-site activities located at a variety of field stations, including wildlife refuges, fish hatcheries, and ecological services offices, individuals or groups will be introduced to natural resources through "hands-on" programs. The goal is to help develop a new generation of wildlife conservationists. A single grant recipient will develop, schedule, and deliver programs incorporating the Stewart B. McKinney National Wildlife Refuge (refuge) conservation message to targeted audiences throughout the greater Norwalk school systems and to groups visiting refuge property on Sheffield Island. This will be accomplished through development of new stand alone programs developed by the grant recipient identified as an outcome of this Agreement. At the discretion of both parties to this Agreement, programming developed as a part of this Agreement will be available in part or in its entirety, for use by the Service. The combined use of the facilities at the Norwalk Seaport Association (NSA) headquarters and Sheffield Island, will allow the grant recipients personnel to deliver new, high-quality environmental education programs throughout the Norwalk School System and the surrounding school systems. Delivery venues for such programs will include the NSA headquarters and Sheffield Island facilities. The USFWS hereby invites submission of proposals from all environmental, preservation and maritime educational organization with boat transportation, boat access and permission to access the Sheffield Island dock.
|Federal Grant Title:||Environmental Education Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Fish and Wildlife Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FWS-R5-RW-045|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Challenge Cost Share|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 19, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 19, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Mar 12, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 12, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Mar 20, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$30,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$5,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Christal Cutler Contract Specialist Phone 413-253-8233
POC for electronic errors [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Attwaters Prairie Chicken Breeding
- • Challenge Cost Share
- • Captive Breeding of Attwater's Prairie Chickens
- • Midwest Region Challenge Cost Share
- • Region 6 Challenge Cost Share Program-FY12
- • USFWS Mountain-Prairie Challenge Cost Share Program
- • Alaskas National Wildlife Refuge System Notice of Availability of Federal Assistance, 2007...
- • Alaska's National Wildlife Refuge System FY08
- More Grants from the Fish and Wildlife Service
- • Baseline Invasive Species Community Mapping at Lower Klamath and Tulelake NWRs
- • Assessing changes in the Distribution of Manayunkia Speciosa related to high flow events i...
- • Antioch Dunes Sand Dune Restoration, Invasive Plant Inventory and Endangered Species Recov...
- • Development of Middle Klamath Coho Refuge Habitat Enhancement Plan
- • Recovery Unit 2 Western Snowy Plover