FY 2009 Funding Opportunity Announcement for PRM Programs that Target Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence (GBV)
The summary for the FY 2009 Funding Opportunity Announcement for PRM Programs that Target Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence (GBV) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
FY 2009 Funding Opportunity Announcement for PRM Programs that Target Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence (GBV): Limited funding is available through the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) to support overseas assistance programs to address gender-based violence (GBV), including sexual abuse and exploitation, amongst refugees and refugee returnees, in a manner that respects the dignity of the individual and culture in which s/he lives. Applicants should bear in mind that PRM's central mandate is to provide assistance to refugees and returnees. Priority activities, countries, and populations are included in the full announcement. Please read the guidelines carefully. Proposals that do not meet the requirements outlined in these guidelines will not be considered. Priority will be given to proposals from organizations that: - provide a needs assessment defining the problem(s) that the application seeks to address, with an explanation of the gap(s) in the current response. - clearly state whether PRM is supporting other activities in-country and if so, why additional targeted programming is needed;- demonstrate a working relationship with UNHCR and UNHCR funding and/or support for the proposed activities and overall country program;- have a proven track record in providing assistance in dealing with GBV prevention and response and an established presence in the specified location;- provide evidence of coordination with international organizations (IOs) and other NGOs working in the same area or sector as well as - if applicable - local authorities and development organizations; - have a well-developed transition strategy;- have a concrete implementation plan with well-conceived objectives and indicators that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and reliable, time-bound and trackable (SMART), have established baselines, and at least one impact indicator per objective;- include a strong evaluation plan designed to measure results and impact of the program;- provide a budget that is appropriate for meeting the objectives and demonstrates co-funding by non-US government sources. Projects that receive other PRM funding must clearly account for shared costs between programs; - demonstrate appropriate targeting of beneficiaries in coordination with UNHCR and other relevant organizations. For those countries in which refugee populations are the target population, PRM will only consider funding projects that include a target beneficiary base of 50% refugees.
|Federal Grant Title:||FY 2009 Funding Opportunity Announcement for PRM Programs that Target Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence (GBV)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PRM-SGP-09-CA-001-GL-050509|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Overseas Refugee Assistance Programs for Strategic Global Priorities|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 04, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 04, 2009|
|Posted Date:||May 05, 2009|
|Creation Date:||May 05, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Jul 04, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$400,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Prevention of and response to gender-based violence among refugees, refugee returnees, and other PRM beneficiary populations as specified in the announcement.
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- (1) Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education; and (2) Non-U.S. based non-governmental organizations that are nonprofit and tax exempt under the laws of their country of domicile and operation, other than institutions of higher education.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Bob Franks Phone 202-663-1397
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2016 Request for PRM Humanitarian Research Concept Notes
- • FY 2016 Annual Program Statement requesting Concept Notes for Global Innovation Programs t...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for Global Innovation Programs to Help the Humanitar...
- • FY 2015 Request for Research Concept Notes to Strengthen Evidence-Based Humanitarian Decis...
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for proposals for the Safe from the Start initiat...
- • FY 2006 PRM Guidelines for Strategic Global Priorities Projects
- • FY 2006 PRM Guidelines for Prevention of and Response to Gender-Based Violence
- • PRM Programs to Advance Refugee Protection and the Use of Standards and Indicators in Comp...
- More Grants from the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration
- • FY 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement for Reception and Placement Program
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting refugees in Uganda, D...
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting refugees in South Sud...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting Nigerian Refugees in Nig...
- • FY 2016 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting displaced and conflict-a...