George M. O'Brien Urology Cooperative Research Centers Program (U54)
The summary for the George M. O'Brien Urology Cooperative Research Centers Program (U54) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
George M. O'Brien Urology Cooperative Research Centers Program (U54): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to seek applications for the George M. OBrien Urology Cooperative Research Centers Program. This program will provide a coordinated platform for multidisciplinary interactions between basic and clinical scientists with the overall goal of understanding the etiology and development of benign urologic diseases and disorders, and providing a collaborative venue to design better treatments, diagnostics, and prevention strategies for these disease conditions within the NIDDK mission interests. This program will also serve as a national resource to the larger urological research community and provide educational enrichment opportunities to scientists electing to pursue research in benign urology. Accordingly, applications are sought from individuals willing to cooperate with the NIDDK under a cooperative centers program. The funded Centers will work with the NIDDK in facilitating research collaborations and interactions within and among centers and with the larger research community to accomplish the overall goal of improving treatment of urologic disorders through enhanced communication and research excellence.
|Federal Grant Title:||George M. O'Brien Urology Cooperative Research Centers Program (U54)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-16-013|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 22, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 22, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Dec 4, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Dec 4, 2015|
|Archive Date:||Mar 24, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,200,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
City or township governments
Independent school districts
Special district governments
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Private institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • Understanding the Functional Contributions and Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes Disease-assoc...
- • Limited Competition for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Type 2 Diabetes Kn...
- • NIDDK Hematology Central Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Me...
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Predoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Met...
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Molecular Therapy Core Centers
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...