Improving Waived Testing Performance and Outcomes through Partnerships
The summary for the Improving Waived Testing Performance and Outcomes through Partnerships grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control CSELS, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving Waived Testing Performance and Outcomes through Partnerships: The purpose of the project is to support and expand the efforts of the laboratory and stakeholder organizations to instill quality practices, including applicable minimum Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) requirements and good laboratory practice recommendations, in Certificate of Waiver (CW) sites nationwide to improve patient safety and health outcomes.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving Waived Testing Performance and Outcomes through Partnerships|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control CSELS|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-OE16-1603|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Laboratory Training, Evaluation, and Quality Assurance Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 22, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 22, 2016 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||Feb 18, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Feb 18, 2016|
|Archive Date:||May 22, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$600,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||2|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Independent school districts
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Special district governments
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Selected applicant eligibility is in compliance with applicant eligibility authorized under statuatory authority Public Health Service Act, Section 317(k)(2), 42 U.S.C. 247b(k)(2), and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) number 93.064. Applicants must have experience in the administration and evaluation of standardized quality assurance programs in multiple, diverse laboratory sites (including community hospitals and academic medical centers) as specified in CFDA 93.064.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Technical Information Management Section
Department of Health and Human Services
CDC Office of Financial Resources
Office of Grants Services
2920 Brandywine Road, MS E-14
Atlanta, GA 30341
Centers for Disease Control - CSELS 7704882756
- Similar Government Grants
- • PPHF 2017: Immunization Grants-CDC Partnership: Strengthening Public Health Laboratories-f...
- • Improving the Impact of Laboratory Practice: A New Paradigm for Metrics, CSELS and DLPSS
- • Use of a Medical Data Warehouse in a Laboratory Quality Improvement Initiative that Links ...
- • Reduction of Hemolysis in Specimens from Patients in Emergency Departments: Evaluation of ...
- • Advance Molecular Detection (AMD)
- • Improvement of Laboratory Testing and Services in the United States
- • Initiative to Integrate Clinical Laboratories into Public Health Testing
- • Developing an Agenda for Laboratory Practice Research Based on the 2007 Institute: Managin...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control CSELS
- • Increasing Public Awareness and Provider Education About Primary Immunodeficiency Disease
- • CDC's Collaboration with Academia to Strengthen Public Health Workforce Capacity
- • CSELS Partnership: Strengthening Public Health Laboratories