Initiative to Integrate Clinical Laboratories into Public Health Testing
The summary for the Initiative to Integrate Clinical Laboratories into Public Health Testing grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Initiative to Integrate Clinical Laboratories into Public Health Testing: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces the availability of fiscal year (FY) 2006 funds for a cooperative agreement program regarding an "Initiative to Integrate Clinical Laboratories into Public Health Testing." The purpose of the program is to demonstrate potential ways in which clinical laboratories may be better engaged to conduct public health related testing and participate in the public health system, especially through (1) better adherence to voluntary guidelines for testing practices for tests having a public health impact; and/or (2) better rates of reporting tests of public health concern to state and/or local public health authorities; and/or (3) improved rates of submission of isolates and specimens for public health
|Federal Grant Title:||Initiative to Integrate Clinical Laboratories into Public Health Testing|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-PA-HM06-605|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Laboratory Training, Evaluation, and Quality Assurance Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 17, 2006 Letter of Intent Deadline: June 26,|
|Posted Date:||Jun 06, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Jun 07, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Aug 16, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$220,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: . Public nonprofit organizations . Private nonprofit organizations . For profit organizations . Small, minority, women-owned businesses . Universities . Community-based organizations . Faith-based organizations . State and local governments or their Bona Fide Agents (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau) A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a letter from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Place this documentation behind the first page of the application form.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office
Technical Information Management
Phone 770-488-2700 PGOTIM@cdc.gov PGOTIM@cdc.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • PPHF 2017: Immunization Grants-CDC Partnership: Strengthening Public Health Laboratories-f...
- • Improving the Impact of Laboratory Practice: A New Paradigm for Metrics, CSELS and DLPSS
- • Improving Waived Testing Performance and Outcomes through Partnerships
- • Use of a Medical Data Warehouse in a Laboratory Quality Improvement Initiative that Links ...
- • Reduction of Hemolysis in Specimens from Patients in Emergency Departments: Evaluation of ...
- • Improvement of Laboratory Testing and Services in the United States
- • Developing an Agenda for Laboratory Practice Research Based on the 2007 Institute: Managin...
- • Evidence Based Laboratory Medicine: Qualtiy/Performance Measure Evaluation
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • 93.067
- • Surveillance and Response to Avian and Pandemic Influenza by National Health Authorities o...
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2