Limited Pilot for NIGMS Legacy Community-Wide Scientific Resources (R24)
The summary for the Limited Pilot for NIGMS Legacy Community-Wide Scientific Resources (R24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Pilot for NIGMS Legacy Community-Wide Scientific Resources (R24): Purpose. The purpose of this limited pilot funding opportunity issued by NIGMS, NIH is to allow applications for continued support of important legacy resources developed as a result of NIGMS-supported research activities that are not being renewed under the original initiatives, because an initiative is expiring or an award is not renewable due to a fixed duration of funding specified in the initiative. A resource is a non-hypothesis-driven activity to provide data, materials, tools, or services that are essential to making the most timely, high quality, and cost-efficient progress in a field. Additionally, a resource should be available to all investigators for clear purposes that are known. NIGMS will consider funding (or providing partial support) for resources that are central to its mission, not supportable by other institutes/centers initiatives, and not yet self-sustaining or commercializable. A resource must show great potential for having high value to a community of researchers that the institute supports with its granting programs. This funding opportunity is designed only to support continuation of existing resources, not to develop new ones. The support requested must be for funding of maintenance activities only, and not for research activities. Because this is a limited pilot, awardees should be aware that support may not continue beyond the funding period. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the R24 grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the number, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Pilot for NIGMS Legacy Community-Wide Scientific Resources (R24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-261|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biomedical Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 26, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 26, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Aug 16, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Nov 26, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations).
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Innovative Programs to Enhance Research Training (IPERT) (R25 - Independent Clinical Trial...
- • Maximizing Investigators' Research Award (R35 - Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12 - Independent ...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Postdoct...
- • Maximizing Opportunities for Scientific and Academic Independent Careers (MOSAIC) Institut...
- • Tools for Genetic and Genomic Studies in Emerging Model Organisms
- • Evolution of Infectious Diseases
- • Mbrs Support of Continuous Research Excellence (Score)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...