Military Medical Photonics Program
The summary for the Military Medical Photonics Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Air Force Office of Scientific Research, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Military Medical Photonics Program: The Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) seeks unclassified proposals for research and development aimed at using lasers and other light source technology to develop applications in medicine, photobiology, surgery, and closely related materials sciences, with applications to combat casualty care and other military medical problems. This announcement is for a small number of individual awards. It is complementary to ongoing and future planed broad based awards, primarily directed toward university-based medical institutions, conducted by teams of physicians, biomedical scientists, physical scientists, and engineers. The efforts proposed may be basic or applied research, and must have direct relevance to combat casualty care or other military medical priorities. They must offer unique capabilities, not substantially funded by other DOD or other agency programs. Applicants must demonstrate substantial experience working to further military medical priorities, including transitioning research into clinical practice and working products. Substantial experience collaborating with military medical centers is also a requirement to establish relevance to combat casualty care or other military medical priorities, and facilitate the transition of research results to meet military needs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Military Medical Photonics Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Air Force Office of Scientific Research (DOD-AFOSR)|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FA9550-19-S-0002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||March 6th, 2019|
|Creation Date:||March 6th, 2019|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$2,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||March 6th, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- All qualified and responsible non-Federal entity applicant organizations located in the United States are eligible to submit proposals Collaborations with defense-related medical research entities are desirable and strongly encouraged. If an applicant's proposal is selected, AFOSR will review Office of Management and Budget (OMB) designated repositories of government-wide public and non-public data as required by 31 U.S.C. 3321 and 41 U.S.C. 2313 as described in 2 CFR 200.205 and 32 CFR 22.410 to assess risk posed by applicants; and confirm applicants are qualified, responsible, and eligible to receive an award.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have difficulty accessing the full announcement electronically, please contact:
Business Point of Contact
- Similar Government Grants
- • DoD Combat Readiness - Rapid Development and Translational Research Award
- • DoD Reconstructive Transplant Research Program, Qualitative Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Translational Research Award
- • DoD Chronic Pain Management Research Program, Investigator-Initiated Research Award
- • DoD Complex Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation Research - Clinical Research Award
- • FY2006 Deployed War Fighter Protection Research Program
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2003 (FY03) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP)C...
- • Department of Defense (DOD) Fiscal Year 2004 (FY04) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP) ...
- More Grants from the Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- • Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR)
- • Research Interests of the Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- • Air Force Fiscal Year 2020 Young Investigator Research Program (YIP)
- • Multidisciplinary Research Program of the University Research Initiative (FY20 Air Force S...
- • Fiscal Year 2020 Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP)