Modeling the Impacts of Sub-seasonal Environmental Variability on Devils Hole
The summary for the Modeling the Impacts of Sub-seasonal Environmental Variability on Devils Hole grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Modeling the Impacts of Sub-seasonal Environmental Variability on Devils Hole: In this study, the water level record at Devils Hole will be analyzed to extract periodic signals of earth tides and barometric pressure. Local meteorological records will then be examined to develop probability density functions for daily maximum and minimum air temperature and other climate drivers, such as wind speed, relative humidity, and solar radiation. The probability density functions will be used to develop a stochastic set of meteorological drivers, which will be combined with the water level data as model inputs. Finally, the existing hydrodynamic model of Devils Hole will be revised to allow water levels to vary. The revised model will be used to evaluate habitat suitability based on the number of four day periods during which temperature thresholds for egg hatching are not exceeded under various water level scenarios.
|Federal Grant Title:||Modeling the Impacts of Sub-seasonal Environmental Variability on Devils Hole|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P17AS00503|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Posted Date:||July 17th, 2017|
|Creation Date:||July 17th, 2017|
|Archive Date:||July 27th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$66,243|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$66,243|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 17th, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- STEVE LIVINGSTON
This is a non-competitive Notice of Intent only. No applications are being accepted at this time.
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area