National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion,
The summary for the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion,: To promote health and prevent diseases. This program addresses the "Healthy People 2010" focus areas of: Chapter 19: Nutrition and Overweight Chapter 22: Physical Activity and Fitness For the conference copy of "Healthy People 2010", visit the internet site: www.health.gov/healthypeople
|Federal Grant Title:||National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion,|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-DP-10-1022E|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Assistance Programs for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 09, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 09, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 23, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 23, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 08, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||3|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Assistance will be provided only to the organizations, state and local governments, health agencies or their bona-fide agents listed below. No other applications are solicited. Fiscal Year (FY) 2010 Federal Appropriation specifically directs CDC to award funds not to exceed the amounts indicated as follows: Ft. Valley State University $100,000 Healthy People Northeast Pennsylvania Initiative $100,000 Latino Health Access $150,000 New York Junior Tennis League (Woodside) $250,000 Pednet Coalition, INC. $500,000 Thundermist Health Center $200,000 Valentine Boys and Girls Club of Chicago $150,000 Watts Healthcare Corporation $250,000 Texas AgriLife Extension Service (College Station)$300,000
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office grants Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Natural Experiments of Policy and Built Environment Impact on Diabetes Risk
- • Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Tobacco Use, Heart Disease, and ass...
- • State Public Health Approaches to Improving Arthritis Outcomes
- • State Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Heart Disease, Obesity and As...
- • Health Promotion and Diabetes Prevention Projects for American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN...
- • National Program To Promote Diabetes Education Strategies in Minority Communities: The Nat...
- • Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Supporting Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring to Scale up a...