National Center on Parent, Family and Community Engagement
The summary for the National Center on Parent, Family and Community Engagement grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Children and Families, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Center on Parent, Family and Community Engagement: The Administration for Children and Families (ACF), Office of Head Start (OHS) announces the availability of $3,000,000 to be competitively awarded for a National Center on Parent, Family and Community Engagement (the Center). The goals of the Center are to provide a vehicle for the dissemination of clear, consistent messages about the kind of parent and family engagement that are positively associated with improvements in young children's learning. The Center will showcase research-based practices related to family support services, strong parent-child relationships, parent early literacy strategies, parent social networks, early learning educational transitions, parent leadership and advocacy, and professional development for Head Start staff who work with families. The Center will also assist States in improving the kinds of family engagement practices that are a necessary part of a well coordinated system of early care and education.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Center on Parent, Family and Community Engagement|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Children and Families|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2010-ACF-OHS-HC-0087|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Head Start|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 12, 2010 See l|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 12, 2010 See l|
|Posted Date:||May 28, 2010|
|Creation Date:||May 28, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 11, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$3,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$2,500,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Applications from institutions of higher education and a consortia of organizations are encouraged. Applicants may also include, as part of a consortium, non-profit and for-profit organizations with a history of providing services related to parent, family, and community engagement. Faith-based and community organizations that meet eligibility requirements are eligible to receive awards under this funding opportunity announcement. Individuals and foreign entities are not eligible for awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- ACF Applications Help Deskapp_support@acf.hhs.gov
ACF Applications Help Desk [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Calhoun, DeWitt, Gonzales, Jackson, Lavaca, a...
- • Head Start Grantee - Butler County, Kansas
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Adair, Cherokee, McIntosh, and Sequoyah Count...
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - The Cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Portsm...
- • Head Start and/or Early Head Start Grantee - Edwards, Kinney, Real, Uvalde, and Zavala Cou...
- • Head Start University Partnership Research Grants: Strategies for Developing Teacher Effec...
- • Head Start Replacement Grantee(s): Craighead, Crittenden, Cross, Greene, Jackson, Lee, Poi...
- • Head Start Graduate Student Research Grants
- More Grants from the Administration for Children and Families
- • Grants to Address Trafficking within the Child Welfare Population
- • Affordable Care Act Tribal Personal Responsibility Education Program for Teen Pregnancy Pr...
- • Basic Center Program
- • Street Outreach Program
- • Standing Announcement for Tribal Title IV-E Plan Development Grants