Natural Resource Condition Assessment for Haleakala National Park
The summary for the Natural Resource Condition Assessment for Haleakala National Park grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Natural Resource Condition Assessment for Haleakala National Park: The National Park Service (NPS) is requesting proposals from a potential recipient to collaboratively develop a Natural Resource Condition Assessment (NRCA) for Haleakala National Park, located on the island of Maui in the state of Hawaii. The NRCA will provide an evaluation of current ecological conditions and discernible trends for natural resources and ecosystem processes, identify critical data and knowledge gaps, and highlight existing and potential threats to natural resources and ecosystems within the park. This assessment will rely on existing scientific data from multiple sources, as well as the best professional judgment of an interdisciplinary team of specialists (headed by the recipient principal investigator), to evaluate current status and suggest future conditions for natural resources in the park. The assessment will focus on a subset of terrestrial, aquatic and marine resources and processes selected by the park for particular attention. Products include a final report in a specified format, which includes relevant graphs, charts and maps, as well as separate GIS products and associated metadata.
|Federal Grant Title:||Natural Resource Condition Assessment for Haleakala National Park|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P15AS00067|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cooperative Research and Training Programs - Resources of the National Park System|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 18, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 18, 2015|
|Posted Date:||Mar 18, 2015|
|Creation Date:||Mar 18, 2015|
|Archive Date:||May 19, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$130,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$130,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This announcement is limited to Partners of the following Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Units (including university, state, and non-governmental organizations): Hawai'i-Pacific Islands CESU, Californian CESU, Great Basin CESU, and Pacific Northwest CESU. A list of active partners and the master Cooperative Agreements for these four CESUs are linked to the following webpage: http://www.cesu.psu.edu/.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- LILETTE BALTODANO, Financial Agreements Officer, 415 623-2251
National Park Service 303-898-9819
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area