OVC FY 09 Public Awareness and Outreach for Victims in Underserved Communities
The summary for the OVC FY 09 Public Awareness and Outreach for Victims in Underserved Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Office for Victims of Crime, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
OVC FY 09 Public Awareness and Outreach for Victims in Underserved Communities: This program will grant 5 awards of up to $75,000 each to raise awareness among underserved populations regarding victims' rights and available resources for crime victims in the local community. Underserved victim populations may include, but are not limited to, victims who are immigrants with limited English proficiency, American Indian, have disabilities, are Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing, or Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ) populations. A private nonprofit organization does not need to have 501(c)(3) status to apply for grant funding under this solicitation. When developing a strategy, please note that OVC cannot fund prevention- or researched-focused initiatives.
|Federal Grant Title:||OVC FY 09 Public Awareness and Outreach for Victims in Underserved Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||Office for Victims of Crime|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development Education Health Income Security and Social Services Law Justice and Legal Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OVC-2009-1999|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Crime Victim Assistance/Discretionary Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 22, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 22, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Dec 09, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 12, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Feb 21, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$375,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$75,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants.gov Customer Support Hotline at 1-800-518-4726
For Technical support [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • Vision 21: Law Enforcement and the Communities They Serve: Supporting Collective Healing i...
- • OVC FY 14 Victim Assistance Professional Development Program-Vision 21 Legal Assistance Fe...
- • FY 2014 U.S. Department of Justice Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation
- • OVC FY 16 Fellowship Program
- • FY 2005 OVC Action Partnerships with Membership and Professional Organizations
- • FY 2005 OVC Public Awareness in Underserved Communities
- • FY 04 OVC State Victim Assistance Academy Initiative
- More Grants from the Office for Victims of Crime
- • OVC FY 17 Specialized Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance for Service Prov...
- • OVC FY 17 Specialized Services for Victims of Human Trafficking
- • OVC FY 17 Enhanced Collaborative Model to Combat Human Trafficking Competitive Solicitatio...
- • OVC FY 17 Comprehensive Services for Victims of All Forms of Human Trafficking
- • OVC FY 17 Improving Outcomes for Child and Youth Victims of Human Trafficking: A Statewide...