Program for Research and Education with Small Telescopes (PREST)
The summary for the Program for Research and Education with Small Telescopes (PREST) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Program for Research and Education with Small Telescopes (PREST): The Program for Research and Education with Small Telescopes (PREST) is designed to address a spectrum of research and teaching needs for a large number of individuals at institutions without observatories or the resources needed to make their existing observing facilities reliable and productive tools for research and training. The PREST activity provides funding and modest operational support for modern, instrumented telescopes in the range of 0.5 to 2.5 meters aperture to organizations or consortia presenting an integrated program of research, student training, and educational programming.
|Federal Grant Title:||Program for Research and Education with Small Telescopes (PREST)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||04-557|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Mathematical and Physical Sciences|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 20, 2007 subsequent due dates: January 20, an|
|Posted Date:||Jun 16, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Mar 12, 2007|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF Grants.gov Assistance email@example.com (e-mail)
- Similar Government Grants
- • Management and Operations of the Arecibo Observatory
- • Algorithms for Modern Power Systems
- • Computational and Data-Enabled Science and Engineering in Mathematical and Statistical Sci...
- • Transdisciplinary Research in Principles of Data Science
- • Applied Mathematics
- • Foundations
- • Polymers (POL)
- • Chemistry Research Instrumentation and Facilities: Instrument Development (CRIF:ID)
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Catalysis
- • Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program
- • Geotechnical Engineering and Materials
- • Tomorrow's Internet Project Office
- • Management and Operation of the Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar (AMISR) Faciliti...