Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program)
The summary for the Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Commerce, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program): States play an essential role in conserving and recovering species listed as endangered or threatened under the Endangered Species Act (ESA), 16 U.S.C. 1535. Listed species under NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Service's (NMFS) jurisdiction may spend all or part of their lifecycles in state waters, and success in conserving these species depends largely on working cooperatively with the States. NMFS is authorized to provide Federal assistance to eligible State agencies to support the development and implementation of conservation programs for listed marine and anadromous species that reside within that State. This assistance, provided in the form of grants through the Species Recovery Grants to States Program, can be used to support conservation activities for any endangered or threatened species, as well as monitoring of candidate species, recently delisted species, and species proposed for listing under the ESA. Proposals that address the recovery of one of the following critically endangered species are also encouraged as part of the agency's Species in the Spotlight initiative: Gulf of Maine Atlantic salmon, white abalone, Cook Inlet beluga whales, Hawaiian monk seals, Pacific leatherback sea turtles, and southern resident killer whales. Funded activities may include development and implementation of management efforts, scientific research, and public education and outreach. Any State agency that has entered into an agreement with NMFS pursuant to section 6(c) of the ESA or enters into such an agreement within 30 days of the application deadline is eligible to apply under this solicitation. Proposals focusing on Pacific salmonids will not be considered for funding under this grant program; such projects may be considered through the NMFS Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund. This document describes how to submit proposals for funding in fiscal year (FY) 2018 and how NMFS will evaluate and select proposals for funding. This document should be read in its entirety; some information has changed from the previous year.
|Federal Grant Title:||Species Recovery Grants to States (Section 6 Program)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Commerce (DOC)|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Natural Resources Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NOAA-NMFS-PRPO-2018-2005313|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||November 1st, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||November 1st, 2017|
|Posted Date:||August 3rd, 2017|
|Creation Date:||August 3rd, 2017|
|Archive Date:||December 1st, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$800,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||August 3rd, 2017|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are state agencies that have entered into an agreement with NMFS pursuant to section 6(c) of the ESA. The terms “state” and “state agency” are used as defined in section 3 of the ESA (16 U.S.C. 1532). Currently eligible state agencies are listed here: http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/pr/conservation/states/. Any state agency that enters into a section 6(c) agreement with NMFS within 30 days of the grant application deadline is also eligible to apply. Federal agencies or institutions are not eligible to receive Federal assistance under this notice. In addition, NOAA and NMFS employees shall not provide assistance in writing applications, write letters of support advocating for any application, or otherwise confer any unfair advantage on a particular application. However, proposed activities can involve collaboration with current NMFS programs and NMFS employees, and NMFS employees can submit letters verifying that they would collaborate on a particular project if funded.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- National Section 6 Program Coordinator
- Similar Government Grants
- • Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- • FY20 Bluefin Tuna Research Program
- • Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Unit Broad Agency A...
- • 2019 Bycatch Reduction Engineering Program
- • FY 2019 Species Recovery Grants to Tribes
- • Protected Species Cooperative Conservation
- • Proactive Species Conservation Program
- More Grants from the Department of Commerce
- • National Sea Grant College Program 2020 Special Projects
- • Accelerate R2 Network Challenge - FINAL
- • Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public fo...
- • National Competitive Harmful Algal Bloom Programs
- • 2020 Pacific Northwest Bay-Watershed Education and Training