Teaching American History Grant Program
The summary for the Teaching American History Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Headquarters and Regional Offices, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Teaching American History Grant Program: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Eligible Applicants: Local educational agencies (LEAs)--including charter schools that are considered LEAs under State law and regulations--working in partnership with one or more of the following entities: *Institutions of higher education (IHE). *Non-profit history or humanities organizations. *Libraries and museums. Purpose of Program: Teaching American History grants support projects to raise student achievement by improving teachers' knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of traditional American history. Grant awards assist local educational agencies (LEAs), in partnership with entities that have extensive content expertise, to develop, document, evaluate, and disseminate innovative, cohesive models of professional development. By helping teachers to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of traditional American history as a separate subject matter within the core curriculum, these programs improve instruction and raise student achievement. CFDA Number: 84.215X--Office of Innovation and Improvement; Teaching American History Grant Program
|Federal Grant Title:||Teaching American History Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Headquarters and Regional Offices|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-122403-002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Fund for the Improvement of Education|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 02, 2004 Deadline for Notice of Intent to App|
|Posted Date:||Dec 24, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Apr 01, 2004|
|Archive Date:||Apr 01, 2004|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Cotton, Julius, ED FedGrants Administrator, Phone (202) 708-8562, Fax (202) 205-0667, Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Cotton, Julius
- Similar Government Grants
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Full-Service Community Schools (FSCS)...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII) Full-Service Community Schools (FSCS) Program C...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Innovative Approaches to Literacy (IA...
- • Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Promise Neighborhoods Program CFDA Number 84.2...
- • The Office of Innovation and Improvement (OII): Promise Neighborhoods Program CFDA Number ...
- • Excellence in Economic Education Program
- • Smaller Learning Communities--Special Competition for Supplemental Reading Program Researc...
- • Elementary and Secondary School Counseling Programs
- More Grants from the Headquarters and Regional Offices
- • Special Focus Competition: European Community-United States of America Cooperation Program...
- • Early Reading First Program
- • Charter Schools Program (CSP)
- • Small Business Innovation Research Program--Phase I
- • Strengthening Institutions (SIP), American Indian Tribally Controlled Colleges and Univers...