2007 NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1)
The summary for the 2007 NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
2007 NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1): -Purpose. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is engaged in a series of initiatives, collectively known as the NIH Roadmap for Medical Research (http://nihroadmap.nih.gov), which promote clinical and translational investigation and aim to improve health and prevent disease. The NIH Director s Pioneer Award Program, is a High-Risk Research initiative of Research Teams of the Future. The term pioneering is used to describe highly innovative approaches that have the potential to produce an unusually high impact, and the term award is used to mean a grant for conducting research, rather than a reward for past achievements. -Mechanism of Support. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will utilize the DP1 grant mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Approximately five to ten awards of $500,000 in direct costs are anticipated for a total of up to $5 million per year for five years.
|Federal Grant Title:||2007 NIH Director's Pioneer Award Program (DP1)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-RM-07-005|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Trans-NIH Research Support|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 17, 2007|
|Posted Date:||Oct 11, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Oct 11, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 16, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Special district governments City or township governments State governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) County governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Private institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Small businesses Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Stimulating Peripheral Activity to Relieve Conditions (SPARC): Pre-clinical Development of...
- • Data Integration and Analysis Tools: Accessible Resources for Integration and Analysis of ...
- • Novel and Innovative Tools to Facilitate Identification, Tracking, Manipulation, and Analy...
- • Innovative Adaptations to Simplify Existing Technologies for Manipulation and Analysis of ...
- • Facile Methods and Technologies for Synthesis of Biomedically Relevant Carbohydrates (U01)
- • Using Metabolomics to Investigate Biological Pathways and Networks (R01)
- • Assay Development for High Throughput Molecular Screening (R21)
- • Membrane Protein Production and Structure Determination (R01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition: Renewal of the Longevity Consortium (U19)
- • Aging Research Dissertation Awards to Increase Diversity (R36)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Comprehensive Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Brain Cell Data Center (U24)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) - Specialized Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...